Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Auto Transport Companies

January 27: I remember, I am ashamed

di Claudia Bastianelli

Mi ricordo il mio ultimo anno di Liceo. 
Mi ricordo di un libro che narrava della morte di più di sei milioni di ebrei in Europa. 
I remember so many films that tell the Nazi atrocities, Schindler's List in Life Is Beautiful, The Pianist, or through the gray area.
I impressed upon my mind brought by the Jewish Star of David as a symbol of recognition and discrimination.
remember the inscription at the entrance of the concentration camp at Auschwitz, "Work makes you free". I remember so many videos, so many stories, so many books, many faces of lean, sad, resigned. The Shoah was the largest demonstration of hatred towards his fellow man. I always wondered how you can perpetrate crimes that level to other people, innocent and alone in their despair and have never managed to find an answer, no justification is meant well, but at least an answer to anything irrational. There is no answer, you can not bring everything to a madman like Hitler, you can not sum it all up as Nazi-Fascist terror, there's more.
When women-mothers, fathers, men are able of killing, raping, beating, just because so many people use different because rather than Jews, Jehovah's Witness or gay, you can not answer your question, you can search for a reason, not one can deny.
Instead you have to do is remember, tell, to respect so much pain, to listen to the voices of those who lived it all, mute those who still tries to deny everything. On January 27th is the day of remembrance, but I would remember all the innocent victims of human madness, even the millions of people died in the Soviet gulag, in the ravines in Istria, and all those sick of omnipotence that still believe they can decide the lives of others considered inferior, useless and harmful.
I've always been passionate about this page of history and I hope that no one never forget, ever. Primo Levi was the author of a masterpiece like "If This Is a Man," and can not be a reason to hate the man so many other men, the worst of beasts can only go so far.
are right first Levi, if this is a man I am ashamed to be part of the human race.

0 comments:

Post a Comment